Monday, May 18, 2009

For all Mothers

Last night as I layed awake I started thinking about Mother's Day. First off I wanted to wish all of you Mothers a Happy Late Mothers Day and let you know how wonderful you all are. It really takes a special person to be a Mother. This past Mothers day was pretty hard on me. It made me realize how grateful I am for all I have and even though my baby girl is in heaven right now I am extremely proud to be a mother. Please be grateful for all you have and especially for all your little ones. Remember to kiss them good night and tell them you love them each and every time you hold them. I would give anything to see my baby girl again and hold her in my arms and let her know that I love her. Children are wonderful gifts from God, please cherish every moment you have with them.


Ben and his mom on Mothers Day.
Me and my sisters and of course my mom on Mothers Day.

Camping in Moab, Utah.


We spent a couple days last week riding 4-wheelers in Moab. This was Ben's and also my first time going to Moab. We had a lot of fun. I definitely recommend visiting Moab if you have never been there.

10 comments:

RileyandChristinaShaw said...

Michelle, I love what you said about being a mother! Thanks for reminding me how special my little ones are! I started tearing up and I went to give my children a big kiss and a hug. Thanks for being such a good example to me. Love you big sis!

Ben and Ashlee said...

Hey Michelle! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun over Mother's Day! I love Moab! My family used to go there every Labor Day Weekend!

Shalie said...

I didn't know you lost a baby. What is that story? I'm curious. I'm so sorry for your loss though, how sad. You're such a sweet person, thanks for the mother's day post.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

Michelle. You are a sweetheart. You are an amazing example to me and I miss being around you! Thank you for your words and making me appreciate life and quit complaining about the little things. Your other pics were awesome too. We are only 3 hours away from Moab and have yet to make it there!

Tiffi said...

Im so glad that you got to come home for Mothers Day weekend!!
Was it cold in Moab at night. I bet it was a ton of fun!!!
So what's the plan for
Love Ya Always Tiffi
Happy Mothers Day to You

stacey said...

hey girl! Adam and i went to moab last summer for the first time and had a BLAST its such a fun place!! Thanks for the sweet pic comment, Bria is amazing My life is so so much better with her in it! Definately the best thing life has to offer is to me a mommy! I want you to know what a strong person i think you are michelle, it takes a really strong person to deal with loosing a little one and being brave enough to talk about it. I'm so so sorry my heart is with you and your hubby! I love ya girl!!

The Lyons said...

Your the best Michelle...I am gonna go give Dom a HUGE hug and kiss.

You are a GREAT mom and your precious angel is SO very lucky to have you as her mom...and just think how amazing it will be when you get to meet her in heaven and hug and kiss her all over!!! I know she is so very proud of how strong you have been and continue to be. Thank you SO much for all that you have done and continue to do for me. You are a HUGE blessing to me and I am so lucky to have met you and now have you as a friend. Everything happens for a reason (wink,wink):-)

Love you always and happy belated Mother's day!!!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Sooo I have never been to Moab, I know sad, maybe someday.
I liked your post about MOther's Day. I often think about you Michelle and wonder how in the world you got through such a tough trial in your life with your litte one in heaven. YOur comments make me want to never complain about the hard days of having a 3 year old and I should just be grateful that I have a child. Thanks for helping me realize the important things in life.

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

Oh Michelle. You are such a sweet person. Your tribute to mother's was so nice. Makes me grateful to have the gospel and know you'll know your baby girl again. Thinking of you.

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Your comments made me cry. Thank you for reminding me how blessed I am. Happy Mothers Days to you too, I'm so sorry it was a hard day for you. I couldn't think of better parents for your sweet daughter to have. You and Ben are the best and I look up to you so much for how strong you have been. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I know you will be with her again someday. Love ya, take care!