Ok, I have to say first of all that this is a rare occasion for me (Ben) to make an appearance in the blogosphere. Michelle might actually beat me up for ruining her blog page, but since I know the password I am taking my liberties. It's about 1 a.m. here and I have just spent the last 2 hours blogsurfing because I know I don't have to go in to school tomorrow morning and I was bored. Getting to the point...I don't know how this has escaped me until now, but I am darned near the ONLY person I know that doesn't have kids. It seriously is amazing. People that I went to high school with already have like 5 freakin' kids! How does that happen?! Even people that are my little brother's age already have a bunch of kids, and houses, and jobs. I feel like I have been in school for so long that I have no concept of what the real world is. Jobs? Kids? Who has time for that kind of stuff? I seriously feel like high school was yesterday and I remember all of these punk kids acting tough, only to see them now as dads with a bunch of kids that are already in elementary school. Wow. It seems even stranger when I consider that a ton of the kids that I am treating are in high school now! On that note, I have to say that I am liking orthodontics a lot. I seriously have a blast with the kids. They are in that fun age where I can tease them and they aren't too sensitive about it. Well, maybe they cry when they get home, but at least I don't know about it. I told a little girl today that she has to wear headgear for a year (love being 'that guy') and she was kinda bummed, but when she found out her twin sister would have to wear it too she loved it. She was bouncing off the walls and doing the 'ha-ha' thing making fun of her sister. I thought 'Wait a second, you have to wear headgear too.' Kids are funny that way sometimes. Ooh, one more quick story. You may have had to be there for this one also, but the other day this kid comes in with a HUGE overjet. (For those not dentally inclined, imagine the upper teeth sticking way out) I mean, I saw his front teeth coming around the corner way before I realized they actually had a face attached to them. Seriously, the guy could not cover his upper teeth with his lips even when he tried. To compare him to Beavis and Butthead would not even be fair to him. Way, way, worse. I wish I could post his picture here so you could get the full effect, but I think that would be against the law. So I sit him down and ask him what he thinks about his teeth, the whole time trying to keep the laughter in of course. He looks at me and says he likes them. It's not like he's a little kid, he's 15 and should know better. By now a bunch of my classmates and the assistants have seen the kid and can't take their eyes off of him. So I rephrase the question, 'What do you think about having braces?' He replies, 'I don't know, I'm worried about what my friends will say.' I about lost it. I wonder what they are saying now! The story gets better because he has a twin brother that looks the exact same! It's like two sets of teeth that are dragging these poor kids around behind them. Those two are a trip. I have his casts on my desk as a conversation piece. Usually it goes like this...'Holy crap! Whose teeth are those?!'
Hope you liked...I'm out.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Cute pics from Nebraska. Ben I'm glad you are liking Ortho and I wish we were there in person to hear you tell that story! I wish we could see the casts!
Ben that is funny stuff. Especially when he said he was afraid of what his friends would think with braces. I can just see you grinning.
Thanks for the laugh! I love getting a belly laugh anywhere I can. I think you should just trip the buck teeth twins - enough to chip their freakish diving board teeth, then you can convince them of the safety aspect.... he he....
Hilarious. How did you keep from laughing.
loved the story ben! Very funny although I hope they never hear that you laughed at them! And by "you" I mean "we"!
Hey Ben its nice to here from you and how you are doing from your own words don't get me wrong Michelle does a great job but way to blog I never real journal blogs just look at the pictures you two must be lucky.
Michelle so I was woundering how do I ever leave a comment on Caroline and Cristina's blog? Miss you like always. I tryed to clal you saturday and I have the wrong number so sorry let me know what it is and I wont post it on the blog cause they all go straightto my email before the blog love ya ton tiffi
Post a pic and put some hippa glasses on him! At least give us a pic of the casts.
Glad you're liking ortho, I'll be happy to let someone else do it.
Okay Ben step away from the computer- no actually it's good to hear from the guys sometimes get their look on life. Looks like you had fun in Nebraska.
That's so funny Ben. I remember going home and crying after my first visit to the Orthodontist! You're all jerks! Just kidding. I got over it and it is a good thing I got braces and head gear! Our poor kids are doomed between Trevor and I...
Post a Comment