Thursday, May 21, 2009

I highly recommend this book!!!!

I just finished reading this book and I loved it!!!  Many of you know that I am not into reading books for fun.  Actually the last time I read a book was in 2005.  About 3 weeks ago I starting thinking about changes I wanted to make in my life and one big thing was that I watch way to much TV. Yikes!! So I decided to read more.  A co-worker of mine told me about a book called "A Bend in the Road" and she said she really liked it.  So I thought- why not.  It is an easy read and very addicting. I couldn't put it down.  So now I am in a dilemma.  I have finished this book and now I would like to start another one but I need suggestions.  Does anyone have any suggestions on the next book I should read??????   Who would of thought- I am into reading books now!!! 

11 comments:

Trisha said...

Reading is my number one favorite way to kill time:)_
I loved that book too, he has some other good ones if you like that one.
I would recommend the series by Scott Westerfeld starting with The Uglies, The Pretties, the Specials and the Extras.
Stephenie Meyer (Twilight) has a cool book called The Host that I really liked too.
Shannon Hale has lots of fun books too, start with The Goose Girl or Princess Academy.
I'm just read a book called The Toss of a Lemon, it was really interesting. One on my to read list is The Space Between Us. I'm also reading one called A Proud Taste for Scarlet and Miniver. Maybe not one you would be in to though.
Anyway, happy reading, it's the best pastime!

SKIPR said...

I think I'm in your same boat! I've actually read a Nicholas Sparks book before and liked it, so I might try this one, too. It seems like I want to read books that are way easy reads, and hopefully a little silly so I can get a good laugh in, or at least be a little cheery/light hearted (I have enough to think seriously about!!!!) If you come across any like that let me know! I did like the twilight series (maybe embarrassing to admit that - lol!) and I also liked one called the Friday Night Knitting Club... kate something is the author. I might want to try those scott westerfeld books above.....

The Lyons said...

YES! I have been seeking out good reads from people too lately for some reason?! Must be in the Kansas City air! LOL!

I have heard that Jodi Picoult is GREAT (specifically 'My Sister's Keeper') and Nicholas Sparks 'The Lucky One', 'The Choice', and 'Dear John'...let me know when you need some more recommendations!!! :-) I haven't read the book you talked about...guess I will be making a trip to the library this weekend!!!

The Child Family said...

There is always the twilight series :)
I'm gonna have to check that book out at the library. I really like most of the books I've read of his. Good luck in your book searching

Heather said...

I am so glad you posted this because I have been looking for a book to read! My Sister's Keeper is a really good book (it swears a little bit though) and the movie of it comes out this summer. Marley and Me is a really cute book too.

Ben and Ashlee said...

I don't think I can really reccomend and good books! I am horrible about reading stuff! I read one book in the past 4 or 5 years! Maybe I should pick up on it too! :-)

Trent a.k.a. Elephant Squasher said...

I agree with some of the other comments...Shannon Hale is a good author. I have also recently read The Last Lecture. It was a really good book and a fast read. I am going to borrow the suggestions others have given too! Enjoy!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

I didn't know I enjoyed reading till I read the Twilight series and then I couldn't put them down. I am currently reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer too. I am going to have to try out the book you recommended next. How are you guys doing anyway. Miss you!

Shalie said...

I haven't read that book yet, I should try it next. I always recommend the twilight series if you haven't read it yet!!

Tiffi said...

Jodi Picoult - MY SISTER KEEPER
- Handle with Care
- Change of Heart
and the rest of her books. I have read so many of them but these three are my top three

I LOVED my sisters keeper (if you can't quite get into it at first keep on reading that is what i had to do)
I agree w/ Trisha about Twilight

Jessica J. said...

So you seem to have quite a few recommendations. I have the same kind of ideas- my some church ones that aren't too churchy are..
The Peacegiver
The Holy Secret.. both excellent.
The Savior and the Serpent- Gaskill
Here are others I read in the last couple months and loved...
The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, and River Secrets, as well as princess academy by Shannon Hale.
The Secret Life of Bees
The Last Lecture
A Long Way Gone....
That's all I can think of- man I need to stop reading at work cause that is a lot of not working time passed.
I hope you two are doing well out there and I can't believe how long it has been since I have seen you.