




Monday started off like any other day. Woke up, packed my lunch and I was off to work. Being only 36 weeks pregnant I had no idea what would lie ahead. At about 3:30pm my water broke. I didn't say anything to anyone and continued to work (dumb huh!). At 4:30pm I was having contractions and finally I decided to tell my boss. A co-worked rushed me to the hospital where Ben met me. 6:00pm the contractions were coming every 2 minutes (so painful) but I was only dilated to a 2 so I could not have an epidural yet. An hour later I was almost a 4 but they had to wait for my lab tests to return before they could give me an epidural. Finally around 8:00pm I got the epidural (all you women who give birth naturally are amazing, I am all about the drugs). 10:30pm I was fully dilated and they went to get the doctor on call. He came in, checked me then asked the nurse to bring him in an ultrasound machine. To his surprise she was BREACH!!! It was to late to try and turn her plus she was doing the middle splits. He told me I would need to have a C-section which I really did not want to do. I was terrified! 11:57pm our Peyton was born. She had Respiratory Distress Syndrome and had to be taken to the NICU. Being 4 weeks early- the doctor told us this was very common. She is such a beautiful baby. She is strong and is continuing to improve. She will probably have to stay in the hospital anywhere from a couple more days to even a week. Thank you for your prayers and phone calls. We really appreciate all your love and support.



20 comments:
Congrats! She is beautiful...keep us updated :)
Oh my, she is beautiful!!!!!!Michelle you look amazing. You are all in our prayers. We are hoping for a quick return home. Keep us posted. I hate to call, I remember how awfully hard to was to bend over and retrieve the phone. We love you ALL.
Love Mom
So happy to see pictures! She is perfect! Hope you are recovering well Michelle! So like you to keep working after your water breaks! You are crazy- I was luaghing so hard when I read that and pictured you working while having contractions and trying to pretend like nothing happened!!!! Call when you get a chance! Miss you!
she is beautiful! congrats to you and ben!
She is so beautiful!! I can't believe she is here already. Congratulations you two! I'm so happy you posted pics. I hope you get feeling good soon Michelle! And you who wasn't even going to give two weeks notice yet, ha ha!
Congrats!!! She is beautiful!
Oh my GOSH! She is so BEAUTIFUL! And she looks so big! Hopefully you got my message but if not, congratulations! I can't wait to meet her. Hope you're feeling okay Michelle! Love you!
Orion had RDS as well. In the NICU for a week. Congrats and good luck!
I can't believe she was over 6 lbs and 4 weeks early. Thank goodness you didn't go full term :)
Hope all is well. She is gorgeous!
Michelle congratulations!! I am so glad that she is doing so well. Thank heavens for modern medicine and technology. I'm sorry you have to have a c-section. I remember when they came and told me that with my first... when the doctor left I was crying. You look beautiful as ever and hopefully you recover quickly! Congrats and good luck.
Congratulations!! She is beautiful and she will recover quickly. She is very blessed to come into a family with such love and devotion!! Love you guys:)
Congratulations!!! She is beautiful. You look amazing too, hope you are feeling well. Keep us posted, hopefully you will be home sooner than later.
What a surprise entrance little Peyton made into the world! She'll probably be one to keep you on your toes! So happy she is here and healthy! Congratulations to you and Ben! You're going to be wonderful parents! Wish I could have been there with all of you girls at your baby shower! Lezlee said it was so much fun! It looked like a beautiful shower!
why am i shedding a tear?!?!?!?!?!
congrats!!! we're so glad she's here!!!
she looks precious. i can't wait to see more pics.
good job, guys. i canNOT believe you could keep working!! wow. you are a freaking trooper. and michelle, you DO look aMAZing.
Congratulations!!! She is absolutely beautiful. Michelle you look amazing too.
Keep those pictures coming of tiny little Peyton. Good luck with everything. We can't wait to meet her!
Congratulations we are so excited for you guys Peyton is beautiful
Congrats Michelle! I can't believe we were just talking last Saturday about her coming early and then it really happened. She is beautiful! Let me know if you need anything!
Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations you guys!! How exciting and crazy! I hope you're doing ok Michelle! Good luck and I hope I see more photos soon!
Congratulations! She looks adorable. Good luck with everything!
Michelle she is absolutely beautiful just like you! My prayers are with you and your little family. Can't wait to see the many cute posts to come. Love you!
Post a Comment